I am personally focusing on some big Goals for 2016 in the following 5 areas of my life.
My Faith, My Family, My Friends, My Fitness and My Finances. I believe that these 5 ares go hand in hand with whatever we do.
I shot a video down below this post that will help you understand 3 ways you're making life harder than it has to be.
The greatest step toward a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.
Imagine you had a ripe, juicy apple sitting on an otherwise empty table in front of you. You pick it up eagerly, take a nibble, and begin to taste it.
You already know how an apple should taste, and so when this one is a bit more tart than you expected, you make a face, feel a sense of disappointment and swallow it, dissatisfied.
Or perhaps the apple tastes EXACTLY as you expected – nothing special at all. So you swallow without even pausing to enjoy its flavor, and you move on with your day.
In the first scenario, the apple was disappointing because it didn’t meet your expectations. In the second, it was too plain and unexciting because it met your expectations to a T.
Do you see the irony here?
It’s either not good, or not good enough.
Now imagine you try this: eliminate your expectations of how the apple ‘should’ taste.
You don’t know, and you don’t pretend to know, because you haven’t tried it yet.
Instead, you’re genuinely curious, impartial and open to a variety of flavors.
You taste it, and you truly pay attention.
You notice the juiciness, the grainy texture of the skin, the simultaneously sweet, tangy and tart flavors swirling around your tongue, and all the other complex sensations that arise in your awareness as you chew.
You didn’t know how it would taste, but now you realize it’s brilliant! It’s brand new, because you’ve never tasted THIS apple before.
Mindfulness practitioners often refer to this as “beginner’s mind,” but really it’s just the outcome of a mindset free of needless expectations.
If you approach any of these with expectations of “how it should be,” they will surely disappoint you in some way… or be too plain and unexciting to remember.
And you’ll just move on to the next disappointment or unexciting experience, and the next, and the next, and so on and so forth, until you’ve lived your entire life stuck in an endless cycle of things you barely like or barely even notice.
But if you approach each event, task, social interaction, etc. without expectations – and just see that event, task, social interaction, etc. at face value – then you will truly see it.
You will truly appreciate it for what it is.
And you will truly experience it like you’ve never experienced anything before, because you haven’t.
This is The Art of Making Life Easier!
So now that we’ve cleared the air a little, let’s take a closer look at three of the most common ways people use expectations to make life harder than it has to be:
The biggest disappointments in our lives are often the result of misplaced expectations.
Letting go of needless expectations is your first step to happiness. Come from a mindset of peace and acceptance, and you can deal with almost anything and grow beyond it.
Mastering the Art of Making Life Easier is not as easy as you’d expect or fantasize.
It takes practice.
It means learning to be mindful of when you have these expectations, ideals and harmful fantasies.
It means learning to see the irritations, anger, sadness, anxieties and mood swings as signals of the expectations you have and didn’t notice. And it means letting them GO!
Again, that takes a lot of practice. But that’s the joy of it. You drop the expectation that you’ll be perfect at this practice, and you just try it.
You learn from the trying.
You grow and improve gradually.
Step by step.
And each moment along the way is a miracle to be noticed, appreciated and enjoyed.
The floor is yours…
How have you been making your life harder than it has to be?
What expectations sometimes get in your way?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Hey I'm starting a mentoring program and if you would like my help...click the banner below and learn how you can be a part of something amazing.
Created marketing funnels for some of the biggest names in the Network Marketing Industry. Welcome to his Team Mastermind Site designed for the Success Mastermind Online
If you want to learn more about how I can help you get: MORE LEADS and MORE TRAFFIC...then watch this webinar.
1. Want to Know the Tools in My Arsenal? See My Killer Marketing Tools Here
2. Limited Time: Get FREE access to my Marketing Transformation Course that will transform you into a full-time marketer.
3. Have you seen our full-length documentary story? Watch it now.
4. Want to work directly with me? Looking for help in your current business or looking for a good system that will work for you? Contact us and my team will get right back to you.
Brand new video will show you how to use this simple system to reach your goals. WATCH THE NEW VIDEO HERE.
Check out My Latest Posts:
1. 6 Things that Successful and Happy People Never Do.
2. 3 Key Elements you Must Establish when Recruiting Reps into your Business
3. 9 Tips to Building a Successful Online Business
4. Easy Video Creation just Got Easier with this Cool Tool...
5. What is the Top Producer formula for Crushing Results Online?
6. What is the Team Building Formula for Mass Duplication?
7. The Power of the First Uniline Compensation Plan...and How you Benefit
8. 70% More leads and sales without Increasing Traffic? Here's how.
9. Are you Making these 3 Mistakes in your Facebook Video Marketing?
10. Amazing Tool to Creating a Brand Building Presence on the Internet in no time Flat
11. 6 Keys to Creating the Proper Mindset and Culture on your Team